Monday, 29 May 2017

INTERLUDE: THE ADVENTURES OF SMUDGE

Well now that I've let you all digest the rejigging of the blog into its new form I suppose it's about time to start posting up all of this new stuff.  I've been working behind the scenes on future content and other projects which will be chronicled on the blog too and I'll be ready to start posting them up this week.  There's quite an exciting range to cover and enthusiasm levels are at a high, but today is a Bank Holiday so I'm taking the day off to spend in the lovely land of Hyrule in The Legend of Zelda on my Nintendo Switch, a place I've been neglecting for a while now.

But I couldn't let things go any longer without at least checking in with my fellow pig pals, although that's really just an excuse to share this photo!  Regular readers who caught my post on the Enniskillen Comic Fest will know I had the pleasure of meeting hugely talented independent comic creator Jenika Ioffreda who was drawing portraits of those attending.  However, as the main character of her Vampire Free Style comic book is a cat I just had to ask if she could draw one of Smudge instead, the cat my friends rescued from a golf course hedge on a cold and rainy night a couple of years ago, and who I love looking after now-and-again for them.  I was delighted when Jenika agreed to do so from a photo on my iPhone and this weekend I was visiting my friends at their new home and, after several failed attempts, we were finally able to get Smudge to look at the camera beside his portrait (thanks to treats as a bribe):

One crazy cat, believe me!

I'll be writing up a piece on Jenika's comic soon and there's exciting times ahead folks, all starting this week on the Oink! Blog & Beyond!  So see you real soon.

2 comments:

jenika said...

lovely photo and lovely blog :)

Phil Boyce said...

Thank you very much Jenika! It's a lovely portrait too :)