Tuesday, 8 December 2015

SPOILT PIG!

Does that sound like an insult?  Because it's certainly not, as it's aimed towards myself!

Last week I received a telephone call at work from none other than Davy Francis who said he was dropping something into my building's reception for the blog.  Getting stuck on another call I wasn't able to run straight down to see him but when I did I found an envelope with my name on it:


What's inside is now taking pride of place amongst my decorations but I'm waiting to show it off here on Christmas Eve, when I'll be scanning in something Davy made last year and which I shared on the Oink! Facebook group at the time.  Trust me, it's worth the wait and is the perfect post for that day.

But then I also heard from Helen Jones who asked me for my address because she'd like to send me something.  I had no idea what it was and Helen wasn't for revealing anything!  A few days later and this arrived to cheer up my Monday this week:


Argh!  The wait for the post was bad enough but now it has to sit under my tree for another two-and-a-half weeks until I find out what's in it.  The suspense is killing me but I'll share it with you all after the big day.  Helen suggested posting about it, so I'm certainly intrigued...

With these sitting in my living room and the lights sparkling, along with only two working days left until I'm off for Christmas and having received such a lovely response for the post I put up last night about the UK comics industry, I'm a very happy pig pal.  Seriously, the comments on the blog, the Facebook group and those that have taken the time to privately message me, they all mean so much when I think about how I started the blog out as a daft wee idea what seems a lifetime ago.  I'm so proud of this wee site, so thank you all for the positive feedback.  Now get out there and buy a comic or an annual or three!

Speak to you soon.

No comments: