But as it was pointed out to me, trying to get a hold of things like the Pig Packs or the extremely rare sweatshirt was going to be impossible! Maybe one day...
But for now I've cur(pig)tailed my ambitions to concentrate on the actual comic itself... and the mug! I left that in my wish list! Gotta get my mug back!
For those interested, here's everything that's out there somewhere - hope it's useful!
- #1 (Sat 3rd May 1986) to 35 - Fortnightly glossies with 32 pages and themes starting in #3
- #36 (Sat 5th Sept 1987) to 44 - Fortnightly but now on newsprint and with a slight new look (taken over by Fleetway from IPC with #35)
- #45 (Fri 9th Jan 1988) to 62 - Weekly 24-page comics with themes now dropped
- #63 (Sat 21st May 1988) to 68 - Monthly glossies with 48 pages
- The Oink! Book 1988
- The Oink! Book 1989
- Summer '87
- Summer '88
- Summer '89
- Winter Special 1989
- Summer Collection 1990
- Free Preview issue
- Oink! #7 free edition
- Crash! Souvenir edition
- Smokebusters Special
- From the Pages of Oink! #1 (book)
- From the Pages of Oink! #2 (book)
- Flexidisc (#1)
- Badge/sticker kit (#2)
- Giant poster in 3 parts (#15 to 17)
- 3 sets of postcards (#28 to 30)
- Stickers (#36 to 38)
- 'Wildcat' Preview issue (#68)
MERCHANDISE (GOOD LUCK!):
- Pig Pack membership card
- Pig Pack Lucky Butcher's Foot
- Pig Pack stickers
- Pig Pack comb
- Pig Pack badge
- The Oink! 45 (record)
- Oink! computer game (available on C64, Amstrad and Spectrum on cassette and on disk where available)
Of course, me being me a simple check list was too boring. Removing all the seperate merch apart from the mug, my own collection thus far looks a bit like this, meaning I can take it easy for now as I won't need to plug any gaps until the new year! (I've got the free edition of #7, incase you spotted that hole.)
So are you collecting Oink!?
See ya'll Friday 17th.